Wednesday, December 29, 2010

An open letter to snowplow drivers (revised)

Ok ok, you have made your point. I have made a big, big mistake. In a previous post I said some harsh words about snowplow drivers. I am a grown man and I know when I have made a mistake. So please, please accept my deepest apology from the bottom of my heart. I really didn't mean it when I called you a dick. I especially didn't mean it when I gave you the the finger as I drove by.

I really appreciate all the work you do to clear our streets and make driving safe. The occasional snow bank is acceptable. I only ask that you try your hardest to pile the snow somewhere other than my driveway. I worked really hard to clear the driveway this morning only to come home this afternoon to this.
This photo makes it a little difficult to tell just what was left behind your massive snowplow truck. Here, maybe this is a better shot?
Is that clear enough? Whatever I did to make you upset I am truly sorry. Maybe next time your out and about you would like to stop in for a cup of coffee or some tea perhaps? I could even make you some hot chocolate if thats your flavor. I would even leave a thermos out front for you so you could continue the hard work in clearing our neighborhood streets. You just say the word. Leave me a comment and we will talk this out. I am confident we can come to an understanding.

As a measure of good gesture, I want you to know that I did not throw any snow into the street while I was clearing my driveway. I also cleared a path to the fire hydrant that is on the corner.
As you can see, I am truly sorry from the bottom of my heart. Lets make up. My back can't take anymore. My body is shattered. Truce?

No comments: